Tequila HoneyBEE by Nick KorBEE
- 2 oz Espolón reposado tequila
- Del Maguey mezcal rinse
- 1 oz Honey syrup*
- 3/4 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: Lemon peel
Rinse a highball glass with the mezcal, coating the inside of the glass with a thin layer and dumping out whatever doesn’t stick.
- Add the tequila, syrup and lemon juice to a shaker with ice, and shake until chilled.
- Pour into the prepared glass, and add 2 dashes of the bitters.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.
- Honey syrup: Add 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan over medium heat. (You can experiment and decide how much of a honey flavor you want in your syrup. The more honey you use, the thicker the syrup and stronger in flavor it will be.) Stir until blended. Strain into a jar and seal tightly with a lid. Will keep for 1 month in the refrigerator.
Friendly reminder: Some of the health benefits of honey might be lost after exposing honey to the medium heat.